We have some very exciting news. The new date for our annual race day to be held at Fontwell is Sunday 26th February 2023 – National Spirit Hurdle Day.
The National Spirit Hurdle is the most valuable and prestigious race in Fontwell Park’s calendar and promises a thrilling day of jump racing. Named after the winner of the champion hurdle in the 1940’s, this race continues to attract some of the finest racing talent in the country. Recent winners include Brewin’upastorm and Botox Ha.
We hope you are able to join us in our private hospitality suite and very much look forward to seeing you again after almost three years.
The cost of a ticket is £110 and that will include: – A champagne reception, and a three-course plated lunch, with a vegetarian option, ½ bottle of wine still or sparkling water and free car parking. Fresh filtered coffee and tea will be available during the day. Also in the suite, there will be a cash bar facility, the Tote, and a tipster to help with your racing selections. And as always, there will be a live auction, silent auction, and raffle, each with fabulous prizes and everybody’s favourite, Heads & Tails.
• Chicken and tarragon terrine with pickled Heritage carrot salad, finished with peas and broad beans
• Butternut and Brie arancini, tomato and basil ragout, Parmesan crisp and fine herb salad
• Sliced peppered sirloin, butter fondant potato, winter greens with kale and cabbage and pan jus
• Pan-seared gnocchi, baby vegetables and pesto cream sauce
• Lemon meringue dome served with blackcurrant puree and shortbread crumb
• Mature Cheddar, aged Stilton, creamy Brie served with grapes, celery apple chutney and a selection of stone ground biscuits
Full details and a booking form will be available here early in January. There is also a Corporate Race & Hospitality package, please call Catherine McIlwraith on 07810 453277 for more details.
We very much hope you are able to join us for this fantastic day!